Writing and Illustrating for Young Readers

Thursday, November 10, 2011

NaNoWriMo count

I think I like NaNoWriMo. I thought I'd hate it. I though the idea of writing a set number of words a day would make me stressed out. And yes, there are times I write when I wouldn't normally, like at ten-fifteen last night, trying to get in a few more words, but mostly it just feels good.

If my only mark of success is getting published, I'm going to have to wait for a long time to feel good.

but today I can count words and feel like I got something accomplished. Not every day is great. Yesterday I struggled to get around 1,500 words. Today I wrote 2, 480, partly because I know tomorrow won't be a great day for getting anything done. Or Saturday. But yay! I got a lot done this day.

I didn't say they were all good words. Still wondering if this story is so far-fetched that kids will want to throw it across the room and say, "That would never happen." I hope not.

Now we seriously need a National How to Revise Your Novel month!

No comments: