Writing and Illustrating for Young Readers

Friday, December 21, 2012

Editing Flops and Holiday Gift Idea Writers Will Love

I spent way too much time today doing Christmas Cards. I finally decided to save time by printing address labels, but they just wouldn't print right. First they weren't centered right, then the labels kept peeling off the backing while in the printer. What a mess. Writing them by hand would have been easier.

Needless to say, I haven't gotten much editing done today. One question to ponder for now:

How do you know what your main character wants? It's an important question. For me, however, it's one I struggle to answer. Cheryl Klein suggested a different way of looking at this. I'll rephrase it.

What will hurt or help your mc the most? What does s/he have to lose or gain?

I'd better go fine tune the answer to that for my book. Meanwhile,

The world hasn't ended yet, and I have a good feeling we'll still be here in June. So I'm bringing forward the WIFYR information.


No comments: